The best gelato in Toronto: Mizzica Gelateria

 While looking for good gelato spots in Toronto, I came across Mizzica Gelateria & Cafe on Queen Street West. It’s actually one of the dessert and gelato places I’ve visited most often over the past few years. (They also have a location near Eglinton!)






I started going there when it was still relatively unknown because it was close to my workplace. Back then, there was hardly ever a line. These days, though, it has become so popular that there’s almost always a long lineup! ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿฆ Mizzica Gelateria

There’s a wide variety of gelato flavours to choose from, and you can check out the menu while waiting in line outside the shop.

There are more flavours than you might expect, so it can take a little while to decide what to get!

They have familiar favourites like pistachio, chocolate, and hazelnut, along with a variety of Italian-style gelato flavours. There’s something for pretty much every taste.

And if you like cannoli, definitely try them too. They’re really, really good! They’re made fresh to order, which makes them even better.

☕ Inside the Cafe

The interior is casual, clean, and cozy. Some people stop by just for gelato and leave pretty quickly, while others sit down with a coffee or dessert and take a little break.

There isn’t a huge amount of seating, so I’d say it’s more of a place to stop by for a quick treat while exploring Queen West rather than somewhere to spend a few hours.

๐Ÿจ The Flavours I Tried

I went with two flavours: Sicilia + Wildberry Cheesecake.

๐ŸŒฐ Sicilia

Sicilia had a nutty yet sweet flavour, with a richer and slightly more intense taste compared with regular ice cream.

I also really liked the texture. It was soft, smooth, and had that slightly chewy consistency that you expect from good gelato.

Personally, I think this would be a good choice even if you don’t usually like desserts that are overly sweet. It felt relatively light and easy to enjoy.

๐Ÿฐ Wildberry Cheesecake

The second flavour I tried was Wildberry Cheesecake.

As the name suggests, it tastes a lot like cheesecake turned into gelato, so I think dessert lovers would really enjoy this one.

While Sicilia had a nuttier and more subtle flavour, the Cheesecake was sweeter and tasted more like a classic dessert.

Having the two flavours together was actually a great combination because they were quite different from each other.

๐Ÿ’ญ My Thoughts

One of my favourite things about Mizzica is the texture of the gelato.

I can't quite explain it, but it is so different from other gelato or ice cream I've tried before. All the flavours are so rich too.

Every time I visit, I want to try all the flavours haha.

If you’re a gelato lover and find yourself around Queen West, Mizzica is definitely worth stopping by at least once. ๐Ÿจ

So if you’re looking for a new gelato spot in Toronto, add Mizzica Gelateria & Cafe to your list!

๐Ÿ“ Mizzica Gelateria & Cafe

307 Queen St W, Toronto

#TorontoFood #TorontoGelato #TorontoDesserts #TorontoCafe #Mizzica #MizzicaGelateria #TorontoGelato #QueenWest

Comments

Post a Comment